Social Impact Integrated Media Intern | Seattle, WA
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Moving beyond public relations, our creators, strategists and technologists craft campaigns that do more than grab attention – they demand interaction, generating impact and long-term value for our clients around the world.
We’re looking for a candidate to join our award-winning global agency’s team of smart, integrated thinkers, problem solvers and strategists. Weber Shandwick’s Seattle office is seeking an intern for its Social Impact practice. Internships are full-time, paid ($15 an hour) and a three-month commitment (with possible extension to six months). The Social Impact practice is a dynamic and hard-working team dedicated to supporting issue advocacy and communications campaigns across international development, health and social issues.
Are you a strategic and creative thinker passionate about the most critical social issues of our day—from major global development causes to what’s happening in our own backyard? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Are you interested in working in a fast-paced communications environment alongside a passionate and driven team? Are you interested in using your communications skills to support social impact?
From creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwick’s interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking and award-winning work. During your internship, you will work on issue advocacy and communications campaigns that bring positive impact to our local communities and people around the world.
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Written words, social posts, compelling content
- Monitor: Track conversations in traditional and social media
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists
- Research: Analyze issues, organizations, and brands using various resources
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Strong writing/editing skills: possesses superior writing skills, strong grasp of grammar and AP style, stellar oral communication, asks questions, is responsive, proactively communicates with teammates
- Research and analysis acumen: can compile research and provide thoughtful analysis; ability to quickly become knowledgeable on given topic/industry issue
- Attention to detail, deadlines and thoroughness: experience owning projects from start to finish, exceptional attention to detail, self-starter
- Time management: can prioritize tasks and manage workloads while supporting as variety of team members simultaneously
- Creative problem solver: analytical thinker with an eye for issues, solution-oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office: strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week for three months
- Experience and/or strong interest in international development and social impact issues
- Background in communications, public relations, or public affairs
- Media relations experience and/or strong interest in gaining basic understanding of the process (developing press lists, researching journalists, drafting pitches)
- Team player that does well managing ambiguity and feels comfortable owning projects
- Previous agency, research, and/or customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
- Applications due no later than October 1, 2019
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.