You’re creative. You’ve studied creative subjects. Had countless creative ideas. Created many creative things. Now, you’re ready to take on the world. You just need a good place and opportunity to shine.
If this sounds like you, hello. We’re Weber Shandwick Seattle. And we’re looking for a Creative Intern who can help us handle our day-to-day creative needs.
Ideally, you’re a visual designer who is just getting started in your career and you want hands-on agency experience. While design is your greatest strength, you’re a multi-talented, multi-tasker who can support our entire team of writers, designers, and video producers. Tasks include (but aren’t limited to):
- Presentation design
- Visual mockups for presentations (e.g. social media feeds, landing pages, storyboards, event booths)
- Photo editing (selections, cropping, color correction, basic re-touching)
- Designing/Laying out short- and long-form documents for digital and print distribution (white papers, case studies, HTML emails, event invitations, etc.)
- Social media content (static and animated)
- Data visualization and infographics
- Proofreading and light editorial work
- Occasional short-form writing
The work is primarily nuts-and-bolts production design, but there are also plenty of opportunities to learn, grow, and work with some good, smart people.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re either currently pursuing (or have recently completed) a degree or advanced degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or similar. Barring that, you have at least 1 to 2 years of equivalent experience with an agency or in-house, client-service-oriented creative team.
Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud apps (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) is a must. These are the tools of your trade. Experience with basic web languages (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery) and UX/UI design would be amazing, but not required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE
- Knowledge of basic design principles (visual design, typography, color theory, and UX).
- Experience with film/video, motion graphics, and animation is also preferred.
- Comfort working in a diverse professional environment with standard office hours.
- An effective and pleasant verbal and written communication style.
- An ability to play nice with others.
- The confidence to take direction and constructive criticism well.
- The understanding that client service means 1. working without ego, and 2. navigating diverse opinions and personality types.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.