Do you want to jumpstart your career in the dynamic world of tech public relations? Are you looking for exposure to an award-winning global marketing communications agency working with some of the world’s most exciting brands? Are you ready to take your media relations experience to the next level?
Weber Shandwick is seeking an intern to join Seattle’s tech practice. This role provides the opportunity to support an integrated team of media relations experts, social media strategists, and problem solvers as you develop skills through hands-on experience. Internships are full-time, paid and a three-month commitment (with possible extension to six months).
Candidate must be available to work 40 hours per week for three months. We’re looking for:
- Media Relations: Experience supporting media relations programs through media research, media trend monitoring, and media lists development.
- Reporting: Ability to create detailed reports based on earned media and social media analysis.
- Strong writing/editing skills: Demonstrate superior writing skills, strong grasp of grammar and AP style, stellar oral communication.
- Attention to detail, deadlines and thoroughness: Experience owning projects from start to finish, exceptional attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment: Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables with competing deadlines.
- Time management: Can prioritize tasks and manage workloads while supporting a variety of team members simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver: Analytical thinker with an eye for issues, solution-oriented.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Experience drafting media relations materials (pitches, media alerts, and press releases) and pitching media.
- Experience using social media listening tools, such as Brandwatch, Sysomos, and Radian6.
- Familiar with Google Analytics and platforms for paid distribution (i.e. Taboola, Outbrain, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Experience producing social copy and other written materials.
- Prior agency or in-house experience working in the field of digital communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
About Weber Shandwick
We’re a leading global communications agency, delivering daily on what we do best: engage. We earn attention and incite action for the best brands and organizations worldwide by championing integration and placing people, culture and relationships at the heart. Always.
For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Photo Credit: Chris Pirillo