Earlier this month, a group of Gonzaga University students came to visit us at WS Seattle as part of the university’s annual Seattle Trek. The Trek is a career development and networking program designed to help connect students to professionals in key disciplines in major metropolitan areas throughout the U.S. We were excited to be a host organization for this year’s event and pulled together a special “Br@nd U” presentation that offers some tangible strategies for grads as they begin looking for their first big J-O-B post graduation.
Here’s what some of the Zags had to say about their day:
- “As a senior in college and a public relations major on the brink of graduation, I jumped at the opportunity to get an inside look at Weber Shandwick Seattle. I was instantly impressed by the professional and creative atmosphere and the knowledgeable, enthusiastic panel of employees who addressed us. I especially enjoyed the “Br@nd U” presentation which included useful tips and information about the job search process and what Weber Shandwick looks for in potential employees. Thank you to everyone at Weber Shandwick who took time to participate in the Gonzaga Trek! Go Zags!”
— Meredith Hickman, @MeredithMiles
- “I loved having the opportunity to hear about the experiences of Weber Shandwick’s Gonzaga graduates. It provided a greater sense of community and instilled a confidence within me that I, too, could work for Weber Shandwick.”
– Jamil Ghores, @JamilGhores
- “I immediately appreciated the hip, trendy vibe of the office space and the smiling faces that greeted all of us ‘trekers.’ From what I can tell, the Seattle office has created a collaborative culture of creative, passionate, and animated members of the Weber Shandwick family. My takeaway from the experience is to focus my professional aspirations and to project that concentration in my personal branding. Coming away with the notion that a storytelling strategy applies not only in an entrepreneurial, but also a personal sense, is invaluable for a public relations newbie!”
– Lauren Pinney, @LaurenPinney
We had a blast hanging with these Zags and are always looking for great candidates for our internship program. For more information on what our internship program is like, check out our past PR Intern Blog Series.