Do you have what it takes to join a dynamic team of thinkers, problem solvers and strategists? Does working with iconic, international brands leading their industry sound exciting? Are you a creative team player who knows how to hustle?
If so, we’re hiring and want to hear from you!
Weber Shandwick Seattle is seeking an intern for its thriving tech practice. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree, be available to work 40 hours per week and have previous internship experience in a related field. This is a three-month, paid internship with the potential for a three-month extension.
Here’s a quick look at the role:
The Must Haves:
- Research and analysis acumen:Can compile research and provide thoughtful analysis; ability to quickly become knowledgeable on given topic/industry issue; ability to quickly create detailed reports based on media and social media analysis.
- Strong writing/editing skills:Possesses superior writing skills, strong grasp of grammar and AP style, stellar oral communication, asks questions, is responsive, proactively communicates with teammates.
- Media relations support: Experience researching media, monitoring and reporting media trends and building media lists.
- Social listening tools: Experience using and reporting based on data from Brandwatch, Sysomos, Radian6, or Crimson Hexagon.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must.
- Attention to detail, deadlines and thoroughness: Experience owning projects from start to finish, exceptional attention to detail, self-starter.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment: Experience managing multiple projects with multiple deliverables at once with competing deadlines.
- Creative problem solver: Analytical thinker with an eye for issues and takes a solutions-oriented approach.
- Time management: Can prioritize tasks and manage workloads while supporting as multiple team members simultaneously.
- Prior agency or in-house experience working in the field of digital communications.
- Available to work 40 hours per week for three months.
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience pitching media and creating media relations materials (pitches, media alerts, press releases, briefing documents).
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and tools and platforms for paid distribution (i.e. Taboola, Outbrain, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
- Experience producing social copy and other written materials.
- Experience providing project management support, including tracking deliverables and deadlines.
- Does well managing ambiguity and feels comfortable owning projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 79 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 127 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Ad Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015 and 2016, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015 and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Photo credit: Luke Pamer