Join our award-winning global agency with a smart, integrated team of thinkers, problem solvers and strategists. Weber Shandwick is seeking a research intern for its growing Social Impact Practice. Internships are full-time, paid and a three-month commitment (with possible extension to six months). The Seattle Social Impact Practice is a dynamic and hard-working team dedicated to supporting nonprofits across international development, health and social issues.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Research and analysis acumen: can compile research and provide thoughtful analysis; ability to quickly become knowledgeable on given topic/industry issue
- Strong writing/editing skills: possesses superior writing skills, strong grasp of grammar and AP style, stellar oral communication, asks questions, is responsive, proactively communicates with teammates
- Attention to detail, deadlines and thoroughness: experience owning projects from start to finish, exceptional attention to detail, self-starter
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment: experience managing multiple projects with multiple deliverables at once with competing deadlines
- Time management: can prioritize tasks and manage workloads while supporting as variety of team members simultaneously
- Creative problem solver: analytical thinker with an eye for issues, solution-oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office: strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Must be available to work 40 hours per week for three months
- Background in communications/PR
- Social media savvy: understanding of social media and how to use it
- Media relations experience and/or basic understanding of the process (developing press lists, researching journalists, drafting pitches)
- Does well managing ambiguity and feels comfortable owning projects
- Previous internship and/or agency experience
- Experience and/or strong interest in international development and social impact issues
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
About Weber Shandwick
We’re a leading global communications agency, delivering daily on what we do best: engage. We earn attention and incite action for the best brands and organizations worldwide by championing integration and placing people, culture and relationships at the heart. Always.
For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Photo credit: Ken Lane