Weber Shandwick Seattle is looking for a full-time Creative Production Intern to help us handle some of the day-to-day creative needs of our clients. This person would support a creative team of writers, designers, and video producers; reporting to a Creative Director and Creative Resources Manager. As our ideal candidate, you’re starting your career as a visual designer, looking for hands-on experience with agency life. The work is primarily nuts-and-bolts production design with ample opportunities for learning and growth.
The Creative Production Intern will be assigned to a variety of project types including, but not limited to:
- Presentation design
- Visual mockups for presentations (e.g. social media feeds, landing pages, storyboards, event booths)
- Photo editing (selections, cropping, color correction, basic re-touching)
- Short– and long-form documents for digital and print distribution (white papers, case studies, HTML emails, event invitations, etc.)
- Social media content (static and animated)
- Data visualization and infographics
- Proofreading and light editorial work
- Occasional short-form writing
Currently pursuing a degree or advanced degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communication or similar, OR 1-2 years of equivalent experience with agency or in-house client-service-oriented creative team. Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud apps (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook). Experience with basic web languages—HTML5, CSS3, jQuery—and UX/UI design is appreciated, but not required.
Interns must be able to commit to a full-time, 40 hour week during normal business hours.
The Creative Production Intern must also:
- Possess an understanding of the basic principles of visual design, typography, color theory, and UX. An understanding of film/video and motion graphics & animation is also preferred.
- Be comfortable working in a diverse professional environment with standard office hours.
- Be an effective verbal and written communicator.
- Work well on a team—take direction well, be unafraid to ask questions, understand that creative client service means working without ego while navigating diverse opinions and personality types.
To apply, please send your portfolio, a cover letter and resume to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.