How does joining a diverse team of specialists in issues management, internal communications and thought leadership sound? How about getting unique hands-on experience with major international brands? Or being part of an award-winning global agency with a smart, integrated team of thinkers, problem solvers and strategists? Sound like a good fit so far?
Weber Shandwick is seeking an intern for its growing corporate practice. Internships are full-time, paid and a three-month commitment. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Attention to detail, deadlines and thoroughness: experience owning projects from start to finish
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment: experience managing multiple projects with multiple deliverables at once with competing deadlines
- Time management: can prioritize tasks and manage workloads
- Strong written/oral communication style: asks questions, is responsive, proactively communicates with teammates, possesses superior writing skills
- Research and analysis acumen: can compile research and provide thoughtful analysis; ability to quickly become knowledgeable on given topic/industry issue
- Creative problem solver: analytical thinker with an eye for issues
- Social media savvy: understanding of social media and how to use it in a crisis/for employee communications
- Experience with Microsoft Office: strong knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Previous internship experience preferred
- Background in journalism and/or public affairs/political science preferred
- Strong interest or experience in corporate communications (employee engagement/internal comms, thought leadership, issues or crisis management)
- Available to work 40 hours per week
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to WSWSEAInterns@webershandwick.com
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 79 cities across 34 countries, with a network extending to 127 cities in 81 countries. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Ad Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015 and 2016, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2015 and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate social responsibility, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
Photo Credit: Ken Lane